Saturday, March 28, 2009

Run and Goal Update

I am going to start with updating my March Goals. I am no longer setting goals. I seems I fall well short in the old goal department. So, for now I am going to concentrate on just establishing a base for running and gradually increase my riding miles as the days, weeks and months tick by. Weather this month as been interesting to say the least. Great early part of the week, only for a cold front to blow in that saw temps at 30 this morning and some sleet/ice/snow on the roofs/chairs/flat things. 

I did get in a couple of runs at the Y indoor track this week. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to another tomorrow. Next week might be slow in the workout sched, wife leaves for St. Thomas with a couple of friends for the week. Soccer/Tball/Soccer/Tball/Baseball. That would be my evening/after work plans next week.

Hopefully, I can take advantage of lunch time runs or rides. Weather appears to improve each day. 

I am pleased to say that I have not had any piriformis/sciatic issues since I started running. I attribute a lot of it to stretching. I broke down because of the pain and ordered a DVD from The Aspen Back Institute and I incorporate their stretching plan in my day-to-day. Works great. I read an article in National Geographic Adventure about a year ago by Steve Casimiro. I thought I would try it out.

I am planning on a couple of 5k, 10k and maybe 50k rides this spring. The end of May is Muddy Buddy Nashville. this would be year 4 for me and BIL.

Upcoming Events
  • May 2nd Run for the Son 10K - Colonial Baptist Church 
  • May 16th Byers Bike Bash 100k
  • May 31st Muddy Buddy Nashville



No comments: